Pirate costumes might be my favorite!! Maybe it's because I happen to have a lot of items I regularly wear that can easily be used for costumes like this. At any rate, it's a frequent go-to of mine. Here are some ideas for easily throwing a pirate costume together! (You might have more than half of these items in your closet already!)
- Flowy white tops (I like them off the shoulder)
- Lots of reds, whites, and black.
- Tattered or ripped items
- dark pants or skirts
- knotted or gathers skirts
- corsets! Create your own! (That red one was originally a dress that was too tight so I cut it in half, made some holes, and then cut up a t-shirt for the black lacing.) Or, make a small one larger. (The black corset is actually a size M but I got my own ribbon and added it in to make it fit my XXL body.)
- eye patch
- scarf tied at waist or around head/in hair
- belts (big buckles)
- hoop earrings
- ripped tights
- bare feet or boots
- Hair ideas: messy curls, side ponies, ponytails, or scarves in hair
- Make up idea: intense eyes!
Like this? Check out all of my awesome costume ideas here. And, leave me a comment about what you're planning to dress up as this weekend?